Midland GXT Walkie Talkie
The early portable calculators were invented in the 1930s by Canadian inventor Donald Higgs and American inventor Alfred Gross. Midland GXT Walkie Talkie is handheld radios that communicate with each other. They usually use a single frequency channel.
Modern walkie-talkies combine both speaker and microphone functions in a single device. An intercom uses coils, magnets, and paper cones to generate or receive sounds. A single device can accomplish both tasks if its circuit is reversed and the current reversed.
As speakers and microphones are the same – magnet, coil, cone – they can be combined into one device, with the current deciding which function is given precedence. More sophisticated models separate these functions.
They were originally two-way transmitters or packs, but because they are portable, they soon gained popularity for talking and walking at the same time. All handsets are battery-powered, and they contain a transmitter and receiver. They contain a loudspeaker and a microphone.
|Number of Batteries||2 AA batteries are required.|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||10 x 3 x 8 inches|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
About this item
- It is supplied with 50 GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) channels and includes channel scanning to ensure no interference.
- This GXT1000XB features a 36-mile communication range in open areas free of obstructions. The MicroMobile’s 5 Watt and removable external magnetic antenna offer a more fantastic range than your average GMRS portable radio.
- MicroMobile and the GXT1000XB have 142 privacy codes of their own; that is why unwanted transmissions are not heard.
- NOAA Weather Scan features in the GXT1000XB and MicroMobile allow it to scan through 10 automatically. Weather channels and lock onto the strongest to provide updated weather reports. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm when there are severe weather warnings in your area.
- MicroMobile – Flip-Frame detachable mount with hardware, detachable antenna with magnetic mounting, microphone with microphone holder, 12V power cord with a car adapter, and an owner’s manual.
A Midland MicroMobile GMRS radio with a GXT1000XB handheld radio in one bundle. This communication bundle provides an excellent range for adventure-seekers seeking adventure off the beaten path in a vehicle or foot.
The GXT1000XB has dual power options that allow you to either use a rechargeable battery pack per radio or four AA Alkaline batteries per radio. The rechargeable batteries take 12 hours to charge and provide up to 11 hours of battery life on a full charge.
This MicroMobile radio offers twice the range of standard walkie-talkies, making it perfect for communication between vehicles. It can be installed in almost any car with its included flip-frame mounting bracket, magnetic mount antenna, and 12-volt power adapter.
142 Privacy Codes, HD Microphone, high contrast LCD, and 15 GMRS channels with channel search are included in the 5-Watt Micro Mobile. The GXT1000 & 5 Watt MicroMobile have a 3-Year Warranty and a 1-Year Warranty, respectively. Additionally, an FCC license is required for both radios.
|Product Dimensions||10 x 3 x 8 inches|
|Item Weight||4.16 pounds|
|Item model number||GXT1000XB|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries are required.|
|Other display features||Wireless|
|Included Components||• Mobile GMRS Radio|
• Flip Frame Detachable Mount
• Mic Holder
• External Magnet Mount Antenna
• 12 Volt Power Cord with Car Adaptor
• Owner’s Manual
• Pair of GXT1000 radios
• Belt clips
• Desktop charger
• Rechargeable battery packs
• Pair of speaker mic headsets
• AC wall adapter
• DC (vehicle) adapter
• Owner’s manual
|Manufacturer||Midland Radio Corporation|
• 50 GMRS/FRS Channel
• 142 Privacy Codes (38 CTCSS / 104 DCS)
• Waterproof JIS4 Standard
• Direct Call
• Selectable Call Alert (additional Animal Sound on GXT1050)
• NOAA Weather Radio
• NOAA Weather Alert
• NOAA Weather Scan
• Dual Watch
• VIBRATE ALERT
• Monitor Function
• Roger Beep Tone
• Silent Operation
• Keypad Lock
• Whisper Function
• SOS Siren
• Power HI/MED/LO Settings
• Speaker / Microphone Jacks
• Battery Meter / Battery Low Indicator
1. Use a soft, damp cloth to clean the radio
2. Do not use alcohol or cleaning solutions to clean the radio.
3. Do not submerge the radio in water.
4. Dry the radio with a dry lint-free cloth should it get wet.
5. Turn off the radio and remove the batteries during long-term storage.
6. Turn the radio off and remove the batteries from the radio for long-term storage.
7. The radio may be damaged if alkaline batteries or batteries or battery packs other than those indicated in the manual are used.
- 50 Channels
- 142 Privacy Codes
- JIS4 Waterproof
- Up to 36 Mile Range
- Channel Scan
- Weather Scan & Alert
- Call & Vibrate Alert
- Silent Operation
Whether you are camping, hiking, or Over landing, the XTREME TALK Power walkie-talkie will keep you connected.
It also features Midland’s NOAA Weather Scan + Alert Technology, which detects severe weather updates.
No matter what industry you belong to, or how good your company is, or whether you are responsible for their safety and security, there are numerous incidents of injuries, robberies, and mishaps every day.
Although some passengers would use the same channel as we did, we could use the service throughout. Switching channels one after the other was so easy.
The construction sites should be free of mobile devices that distract workers. This item helps you to prevent fatal accidents.
Vertex offers the latest technology to make communication faster, cheaper, and more efficient. With 22,662 possible channels and 121 security codes, finding an available channel is a straightforward process.
Two-way radios are the most efficient and cost-effective way to respond to an emergency. Vertex Inc. provides you with the best communication tools, so communication is more effective, cheaper, and faster.
This device includes 22662 total channel combinations. One hundred twenty-one privacy codes are easy to get set up. This pack includes rechargeable batteries and a USB charging cable. Call Five selectable tones to differentiate parties’ incoming calls.
It lasts for a long time, thanks to a unique circuit. Constant use makes the control buttons feel second nature. It will take a while to learn how to switch modes, so it takes some practice to figure out what they mean.